Skip to content
- Jim has over 20 years of marketing, sales, and general management experience in the mobile industry working for Lightower, Nextel, Microsoft, SW Bell Mobile, and GTE. Recently he managed Sprint’s 4G build-out in the Washington/Baltimore market as GM, Services for Lightower.
- Jim was a founding member of Nextel’s Northeast launch team, where he managed market launches in Washington/Baltimore, Philadelphia, NYC, New England, and Upstate NY. He was instrumental in developing Nextel’s marketing and pricing strategies that drove the company’s industry leading ARPU, churn and B2B success.
- As GM, Sales & Marketing in New England he led Nextel in Sales Penetration, Revenue per Minutes Used, Customer Fulfillment, and Brand Awareness. Under his leadership Nextel’s market share expanded from zero to 20%, while competition increased threefold.
- While in Business Development at Microsoft Jim drove development of the company’s first wireless business strategy, which was the precursor to WinMobile.
- Jim is active in the mobile start-up community as an advisor, founder, and consultant. He has extensive experience in the trends and business models driving mobile 2.0.
- Jim earned a BA in Engineering and Economics from Brown University and received his MBA with distinction from the University of Michigan.
Back to Team Page